Langham House

Langham House

Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6

It's done! I signed the papers this morning. I cannot thank Darlene Chodzinski with Beaumont Heritage Society nearly enough. Darlene was my first contact with the Langham House. She was the one I went to when it was first moved and she has been my main contact through all of this process. When I couldn't get answers from anyone else - Darlene and Beaumont Heritage Society have been there for me. Without her & Jim Broussard working together - this probably would not have come to be. Steve Richardson, with the City, bless his heart, has had to hear me whine, beg, plead and grumble. He has, as always, been a trooper in assisting.

Darlene, Jess and me did a walk through of the house. The house DOES NOT HAVE A ROOF issue. I would say, the City was duped and so was our government in building the lady a new house for free. But her not wanting this house - has been my treasure. I see lots of happy years ahead for me with this house.

Sheiree, my cousin, is researching window fixtures - for the house - I want it bright and airy! I'm researching furniture and decor.

I can already see the interior and what all is going to happen in there. I cannot even start to tell anyone what I feel right now. I can, in my minds eye, see the project completed.

I can see the colors on the walls. I can see the floors all shiny again. I can see the beautiful transims with stained glass - instead of the cardboard or paint that is over them now.

I can see the kitchen restored to what it probably was - I'm going to paint the kitchen a soft yellow. My paternal grandmother used to say that every kitchen needed a little yellow in it - because that's the first room in the morning that the family gathers - yellow is a sign of sunshine and happiness - and happiness begins in the kitchen.

Waiting on 2 more things - the bond - and the hearing on Monday afternoon. I believe I have family and friends who will be there to back me up.

And, I'm hoping for favor with the hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment