Langham House

Langham House

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday

I spoke to the mover, I/my crew will be doing the "pilings" he wanted absolutely WAY too much $$ to do them according to code - I'm talking WAY! And, I think that he has over counted how many will actually be needed. So, me and my guys will start forming and building the piers according to Windstorm approval. And, of course, another twist in the deal is the City requires a
"Certified Windstorm Engineer to inspect and approve these piers for each house that is moved within the City." Another cost factor that no one has even considered. I laughed and said, "funny this house has sat on piers for over 100 years without having to be strapped down, now all of a sudden you want it strapped down." Personally I think it is another scam.

Anyway, the mover will start Tuesday lifting her up to get her moved. I've still not heard back from Entergy - and that'll be another cost factor.

Is this going to be worth it in the end? Oh beyond my wildest dreams I do believe so.

I can see the interior finished - and the furnishings in it. I can see the sidewalks from one area to another with potted plants all around. I can see the fruit trees which are planted growing and adding color and greenery to the area. YES - this is worth it!

So, I suppose come Tuesday - we'll start seeing action again!

No comments:

Post a Comment